Sunday 27 September 2015

PURE TEARS OF A CHILD

Assalamualaikum..

My entry for today is about this one student. A boy.

I teach his class for English lesson and that class was naughtyyyyyy since day 1 I came in.

But this boy is a lil bit polite. Well I guess he deserves to be appointed as the class monitor. 

One day, as usual, I came into this class
 *slowly I feel comfortable and good anddd I love those kids* 
I taught them as usual and I gave them a task. It was a group task. 

As the children were working on their task, and of course I was walking around and monitoring, I saw this boy was not doing his work. He seemed like he was daydreaming. 

I approached him and opened my mouth,
*well my students know that I have a thundering voice.lol*

But I did not scare him with that thundering voice but gentle. 

"Fikri...what are you doing. You're not doing your work I guess"

He looked at me and gave me an unsweetened smile.

"Sorry teacher..."

Coz his face was bitter, I continued asking *busybody* 
"Do you have anything to share? I am willing to listen".

He shook his head. 
"It's okay then" I added but then..
."Fikri, come here.."
*Look how super busybody I am*

He came to me and I asked him again. Suddenly he said,

"I'm missing my dad..." slowly his tears came out. I felt guilty. 

"Okay, spill..."
 I listened, and did ask a few questions.

Well, to cut it short, he told me that his parents have divorced for a few years. He is staying with his mom and stepfather. 

Basically, his parents have got a new partner and both of them have got married.

Sometimes his dad would come for a visit. But that day, he really really really missed his father because his dad didnt come for quite a long time.

"Is your stepfather being nice to you?" I asked him. He nodded.

"He's good and I love both my dads. But, I always remember those memories with my old dad. He was the one who cleaned me and my younger brother when we pooped. My mom never did that, not even once.She was busy all the time. Thats why I love my dad so much. He did everything. He took care of us with his best."

I looked at him with empty mind. In fact, I did not know what to say.
I gave him a little advise and then asked him to go back to his place.

Kids are small but they always remember good and bad things that happen in their life as they grow up. That day, I've learnt one precious thing from that boy. 

Unconciously, my tears dropped out.

p/s: I am truly sorry for my bad english and grammar errors. :I

No comments:

Post a Comment